- This event has passed.
Green Infrastructure Conference
May 31 - June 2$300
The Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Green Infrastructure Conference is the first conference to focus on using green infrastructure across the landscape with a primary goal of protecting the surface waters in the Great Lakes region. The time is right for a comprehensive look at this important topic.
The conference location is in the middle of the Great Lakes chain and at the forefront of many innovative green infrastructure projects. In fact, much of Detroit is being recreated from the ground up. Together, City leaders, industry experts, universities, and non-profits are finding ways to reduce the burden on combined sewers for less than the cost of storing and treating combined effluent. They are making neighborhoods feel safer and more inviting by increasing green acreage throughout the city. These efforts benefit not just the City, but also the Great Lakes – by reducing nutrient inputs to Lake Erie, and all Great Lakes’ and St. Lawrence waters downstream.
Who Should Attend?
This conference will draw up to 1,000 engineers, landscape architects, water quality professionals, government officials (local, state, provincial, and federal), developers, planners, academia, drain and road agencies, conservation and non-profit organizations, and interest groups from around the Great Lakes basin in Canada and the U.S.
With 8 concurrent tracks addressing such topics as green infrastructure technology, economics, local government/public works, and multi-jurisdictional/regional scale, this conference has something for everyone. Highlights include:
- Welcome and keynote presentations by:
– Palencia Mobley, Deputy Director/Chief Engineer, Detroit Water & Sewerage Dept.
– Jon Allan, Director, Michigan Office of the Great Lakes
– Adam Freed, Principal, Sustainability Practice, Bloomberg Associates
– Andy Reese, Vice President, AMEC Environment & Infrastructure
- Over 130 concurrent technical presentations delivered by experts around the U.S. and Canada
- A valuable forum for networking with up to 1,000 green infrastructure leaders, clients, and potential customers
- Exhibitor Area featuring emerging technologies, services, products and more
All for under $300 (through May 12)!
Field tours of green infrastructure projects across metro Detroit are also available for an additional $30.
If you are interested in posting an event, please contact us.