The members of the Michigan Association of County Drain Commissioners are stewards of our state’s most important natural resource: water.
Michigan’s drain commissioners, sometimes called water resources commissioners, administer laws involving flood protection, stormwater management, and soil erosion and seek to protect Michigan’s water resources in the process.
Today, drain commissioners strive to balance the need for proper drainage with water quality and natural resource management in a cost-effective manner, resulting in public health benefits.
The Little Salt Creek Drain is an intercounty with Gratiot, Isabella, and Midland Counties
LATEST HAPPENINGS & UPCOMING EVENTS
- Submit Projects Now for the MACDC 2018 Awards Program - MACDC is pleased to present the 2018 Innovation and Excellence Awards program and we encourage our members to showcase their projects. The complete entry form and rules is available here. Pre-application entry forms and fee are due November 1st and completed applications … Continue reading "Submit Projects Now for the MACDC 2018 Awards Program"
- Call for Presenters MACDC Winter Conference - The MACDC Program Committee is seeking presenters and topics for the 2018 Winter Conference to be held February 14-16, 2018 at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Kalamazoo. If you are interested in presenting please complete the submission form here. If you … Continue reading "Call for Presenters MACDC Winter Conference"
- MIIAMP Monthly Newsletter (Sept 2017) - Attached is the September 2017 newsletter for the Michigan Infrastructure Asset Management Pilot
- Fall 2017 Legislative Update - A new legislative update is available. Read it now here.
- MDARD Job Posting – Intercounty Drain Analyst - The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) is currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Resource Analyst 9-12 position within the Environmental Stewardship Division. This position is open to all applicants. Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV. If … Continue reading "MDARD Job Posting – Intercounty Drain Analyst"